Thursday, July 22, 2010

Houses of Worship-St. Aloysius Catholic Church

Walking down Washington Boulevard in Downtown Detroit, it's a little easy to miss St. Aloysius Catholic Church in Downtown Detroit, but as you step into the Church, you feel amazed at the different elements of the Church. The parish was founded in 1873, and the current church was built in 1930. The church is staffed by the Franciscans. The Chancery Building, located next door, was probably built the same year as the church. Reading the profile for St. Al's on Detroit 1701, I notice that St. Aloysius was the Cathedral Church for a while. My Favorite parts of this Church are the depictions of the Twelve Apostles above the two side doorways and the depiction of Christ the Good Shepherd above the altar.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...