Tuesday, July 13, 2010

In Memory of George Steinbrenner

My condolences go out to the family and friends of George Steinbrenner, the owner of the New York Yankees, who passed away today. Reading a writeup about him on the Yankees' website, I see that he took over the Yankees from CBS in the early 1970s, and the Yankees have done well under his ownership. I didn't know that he was the longest tenured franchise owner in Major League Baseball until I read the article. I watched ESPN today, and they had a lot of coverage on Mr. Steinbrenner, as well. They talked to some former Yankees, and they mentioned how he influenced them when they were playing, and after their playing days were over, as well. Rest in Peace, Mr. Steinbrenner, from a Detroit Tigers fan here in Detroit, and from fans all over the country.

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...