Wednesday, July 14, 2010

old Downtown Odd Fellows Temple


I always pass this building on the edge of Greektown, and I noticed the Temple of Odd Fellows sign on the building, so I decided to take a look around the internet to see what info there was about it. There's only a few pages on blogs and message boards and a mention on Wikipedia. THe last I heard about this building, the back wall had been rebuilt after strong winds did some damage to it. There have been ads on the side of the building, this Smirnoff ad being the most recent, for the past few years now. If any of my readers have any info on this building (year it was built, when the Odd Fellows moved in and out, etc), feel free to leave a comment on it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...