Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Stay Cool

It's a hot day in the east and in the midwest, and here in the Metro Detroit area, there is a Heat Advisory, due to the heat and humidity we've been having the past few days. Many people are doing their best to cool off. The City of Detroit has opened Cooling Centers for residents to cool off and pass the time during this heat spell. All this heat reminds me of when I was a kid, and there was a really hot spell during the summer in the early-mid 1990s, I was at Day Camp at the time, and the Counselors and directors made sure we all got frequent water breaks and spent extra time in the pool. I hope all who are in this hot weather are keeping cool. Here are some tips to stay cool, via the Canadian Red Cross.

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...