Thursday, July 1, 2010

Troubling times across the USA


I was listening to the news as I was going out and about today, and I heard about unemployment benefits being terminated to many people who relied on these checks in their daily life for their day-to-day living expenses. Many can't find work, and it seems like many people are not hiring right about now. It hurts me to see a lot of people lose their livelihoods and their homes, as well as to see people out on the streets with kids and families. The saying "You don't know how good you have it/how blessed you are until it's gone" ceretainly pertains today as it did in the past. I pray for all the unemployed, homeless and low-income in the country and world. Even though I'm unemployed right now, as well, I'm starting to figure out what I can do to start something good in these bad times to help those in need. I want to volunteer my time and talents, but am unsure about the way in which to volunteer, though. I'll have to think and pray about this a little more. I post this picture, taken this past Saturday, of two businesses that are no longer in business. They are the former Meyer Jewelry and Cobbs Apparel in downtown Detroit

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...