Saturday, October 23, 2010

Halloween Entry 1 week early

Halloween is coming up sooner than you know (next Sunday!). I was looking around the internet, I saw this article in the Detroit Free Press about what to do if you get pranked for halloweeen by some kids that are meandering through the neighborhood looking for the goods (namely candy). There's even an article about what some cities are doing to prevent the ever present Teenager and their buddies from going trick-or-treating. I've seen many a Teenager show up to my door to get some candy. I remember telling my mom that a teenager (or two, or three...) showed up to the door a few years ago, and she asked me "How old did they look?" I told her between 14-17, she then queried me, "Did they have a kid with them?" (usually, the teenagers take neighborhood kids, nieces or nephews, godchildren, or other kids trick or treating to keep a watchful eye out for them). When I told her no, she said "Give them a peppermint and a talking to! They know they're too old to be trick-or-treating!" I gave them candy anyway :-P. I hope you all have an interesting Halloween coming up if you celebrate it.

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...