Monday, October 4, 2010

Tiger Year in Review 2010



Welp, the Tigers ended their season yesterday (those who know me know that I'm nuts about the Tigers) . The team ended their season with a .500 record (81-81). The team did well in the first half of the season, but slid a bit in the 2nd half of the season to fall to the final record. Two events hallmarked the season. The first was the passing of former Tigers broadcaster Ernie Harwell, who has a statue at Comerica Park. He passed in May of this year from bile duct cancer, and was mourned by all in Metro Detroit. His casket laid at Comerica Park while thousands of fans and dignitaries paid their respects. I made sure to pay my respects, as well. The Second event of the season that stood out for me was the Armando Galarraga near-perfect game back in June. I remember everyone yelping about it. I'm glad that Armando Galarraga and the umpire forgave each other, although at the time, many found it hard to forgive the ump. I forgave the ump right away, since I know that everyone makes mistakes, and that nobody's perfect. These are just a couple of my standout moments of the 2010 season in Tiger baseball, and I hope that 2011 will bring more spectacular moments.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...