Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cass Tech


I saw an article in today's online editon of the Detroit News that the former home of Cass Tech High School would be demolished at the beginning of next month. This building, along with Mackenzie and a few other schools will face the wrecking ball in the next few years. A lot of the buildings in the Detroit schools were built in the early part of the 20th Century or in the latter part of the 19th century. Many have since been been demolished. Many of my family members went to Cass back in the day, and many famous celebrities are alumni/alumnae here. If you went to Cass at one time or another, what are your memories?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...