Monday, October 18, 2010

Turkey Day on the mind


I was thinking of Thanksgiving just recently, and all the parades, football games and family gatherings that occur. One of the traditions in Detroit is the Annual Thanksgiving Parade, which is produced yearly by The Parade Company, who also produces the Back-to-School Parade and victory parades for Detroit Sports teams after winning a championship in their respective sports (the last one was for the Red Wings in 2008). There are always a number of special guests, floats, bands, mascots and more. This Caterpillar is one of the floats in the parade (this was taken during the Back-To-School Parade in Late August). I've been attending the Parade since I was a small kid, and they always get better every year.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...