Thursday, October 7, 2010

Our Lady of the Rosary


Today, October 7, is the feast of Our Lady of the Rosary. According to American Catholic's Saint of the Day, this title for the Blessed Mother was given by Pope Pius V in the 1500s after the Christians defeated the Turks in a battle. I like to say my rosary, and I need to get back to saying it on a daily or weekly basis. Many people say the daily Mysteries of the Rosary, Glorious, Sorrowful, Luminous and Joyful. All the mysteries detail some part of Christ's life, from his birth in a stable, to his death on the Cross, to his mother's coronation in Heaven. Today, the Luminous mysteries of the rosary are recited. The Luminous Mysteries are relatively new, introduced eight years ago by the late Pope John Paul II. Our Lady of the Rosary, Pray for Us
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...