Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Reading up on Gov. Mason

I read in both the Detroit Daily papers today about the Re-Interment of Governor Stevens T. Mason, who was the former Governor of Michigan (Here's the articles from the Detroit News and Detroit Free Press). He was exhumed during the summer while Capitol Park was undergoing some maintenance work, and was taken to a funeral home until work was completed. The National Guard was there to give him a military burial, and a blessing and graveside rites were given by a pastor of a local church. Also in attendance was a descendant of his that lives in the area. Reading about him, I found out he was only 24 when he was elected governor, which is interesting in itself.

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...