Sunday, October 3, 2010

Hotel Eddystone


Here's a picture of the former Hotel Eddystone on Sproat street downtown, near the Masonic Temple. It's one of just a few hotels in the Cass Corridor area of Detroit. According to Detroit 1701, This building was owned by Lew Tuller, namesake of the former Tuller Hotel, at one time. It was built in the mid 1920s by Louis Kamper, and was abandoned sometime in the '70s or '80s. I remember a sign facing Woodward Avenue saying that the building was going to be remodeled as lofts or luxury condos, but nothing has been done yet. I wonder if the building will be torn down or fixed up, but from the looks of the windows here, it might be torn down, but I'm not sure.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...