Sunday, October 10, 2010

Standing Together

Here is an interesting work of art located on Washington Boulevard in Downtown Detroit. It's called "Standing Together" by artist Marcia Wood. The plaque on the statue is dated 1980, and it still looks as good 30 years later as it did the day it was placed here. The landscapes may have changed, but this statue is pretty good. I think that standing together, for me, means that everyone should work together toward a common goal without ceasing, whether it be a cure for a disease (Cancer, Diabetes, etc) or towards a more peaceful society. Also, we can stand together as a group, a society, or a community to combat the ills of society to have a safer place for everyone to live.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...