Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Best of Luck to the Tigers and Wings

I'm watching the Tigers and preparing to watch the Red Wings this evening. I wish both teams the best of luck this evening. I've been a fan of the Red Wings since 1997 and the Tigers since 2003. When I see Al the Octopus on Joe Louis Arena downtown, I think of the Legend of the Octopus. It dates back to the old days, when eight wins were necessary for the Stanley Cup. I still see Al in the Wings Victory Parade in 2008 with a crown on his head. I call him "King Al of the Octopus Garden" when I see that picture. The Tigers are at Comerica Park this evening, so that's why I post the picture of the Tiger on the Comerica Park scoreboard. They are playing the Twins tonite, and it looks like a good crowd is assembled at Comerica this evening. Hopefully us fans can cheer the Tigers to victory this evening. They just had a long road trip out west, and have more games ahead.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...