Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dmitri pays a visit

While reading the Detroit papers, I read this article about Dmitri Young coming back to see old teammates and new faces in the Tiger Clubhouse yesterday (April 27). He was let go from the Tigers in 2006 after some personal issues arose. He's currently working in the front office of a Frontier League team here in Michigan. I remember he was with the Washington Nationals for a spell in the past few years. He was there to see his brother, who plays for the Twins, play the Tigers at last night's game at Comerica Park. It seems he's doing all right for himself now. He was a pretty popular player among the fans and a great teammate with his fellow Tigers. He was my Mom's favorite player, along with Craig Monroe and Rondell White. When I saw this article in the paper, I thought about these pictures, which were taken during On-Field Photo Day in July 2006 at Comerica Park. These are some of the only pics I have of him. I'm glad to see that he's getting his life back on track again, and I think he'll be spectacular in his new role.

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...