Thursday, April 1, 2010

MCS

I saw this picture of the old Michigan Central Depot while looking through my pictures from one of my walks. This picture was taken from the Cochrane Street overpass near old Tiger Stadium. The station closed in the 1980s, and Amtrak moved to a smaller station in the Midtown district of Detroit, which is north of here. My mom told me that my grandparents left for their honeymoon from here back in the late 1940's. From the pictures I've seen from back in the days, it seems like it was a nice place to wait for your train, or to wait for a relative or friend to arrive home again. My favorite site to visit that has good info on the Train Station is Forgotten Detroit. There's a lot of info there.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...