Monday, April 26, 2010

Great Days in Detroit

This is one of my favorite pictures taken this past weekend. It was taken near Cobo Hall and the former Pontchartrain Hotel. I title this one "Have a Great Day, Detroit!". The RenCen in the background was built in the late 1970s, and you can see in some old pictures what the skyline looked like pre-RenCen.The People Mover tracks run through the center there. The People Mover opened in July 1987. The bus was on break at the time I took this picture. I like the setup of this shot. I was going to get up on the stairs nearby, but I couldn't get the entire RenCen without being blocked by the streetlight there. That ramp goes to the Lodge Freeway, which runs from downtown to the northwest side of the city and into the suburbs. It has feeders to I 75, I 94 and other freeways.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...