Friday, April 30, 2010

Miscellaneous Friday

A few things to Blog about today. First off, Congratulations to Magglio Ordonez for hitting his 2,000th hit yesterday afternoon (click the link for the story in the Detroit Free Press). From what I've read in the article, everyone at the game gave him a standing ovation. This picture was taken earlier this month at the Tigers game.
Today, Governor Granholm signed a law banning Text messaging and driving (click the link to go to the article on the State of Michigan's website). This means that starting in July, you can be pulled over if the cops see you texting and driving . I think that this is a good idea, because you should be keeping your eyes on the road instead of doing other things while driving. I always try to talk on the phone before I leave or when I get to where I'm planning to go.
I saw this mural on the old Wurlitzer Building as I was waiting for the People Mover on Saturday afternoon. Whoever did this did a fantastic job on it. I like the colors on here. I hope you do, too.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...