Monday, March 22, 2010

Stroh's Ice Cream

As I was taking my Walk, I noticed the old Stroh's Ice Cream factory near downtown. Stroh's is most noted for its Beer. The Ice cream business started around the time of Prohibition, and stayed around after prohibition ended. According to the Wikipedia page, the Facility shown here was built in the 1980s, and Stroh's Ice cream merged with Melody Farms in the '90s, and was sold to Dean Ice cream in the mid '00s. Stroh's beer ceased operations in the '80s. The Stroh's Name is remembered fondly here in Metro Detroit and around the country by Detroiters who have moved elsewhere.

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...