Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Year in Review: River Days 2010


River Days has been going on along the Detroit Riverfront for the past few years now. It's an event to showcase the riverfront and the new developments along the river. This event, along with a riverfront festival across the river in Windsor, lead up to the Freedom Festival Fireworks, which are over 50 years old. It's always a great time participating in all the events during River Days. My favorite event is the Diamond Jack Cruise and listening to the choirs, bands and other entertainers performing for the crowd. I also liked the USCGC Bristol Bay, which was docked at the RenCen so people could take a tour of a Coast Guard Cutter.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...