Monday, December 13, 2010

Year in Review: Techno Festival 2010

The Techno Festival celebrated a decade here at Hart Plaza this Memorial Day weekend. It started as a free festival in 2000, but started charging in either 2004 or 2005 . They changed names, as well. It was previously known as "Fuse-In" and DEMF (Detroit Electronic Music Festival), as well as Movement a few times. From what I heard, the charge was for the upkeep of Hart Plaza during the festival, and that the city would be paid for it. The price seems to be going up and up since then, but I digress. There are numerous acts there that perform, and many people show up from around the world to dance and listen to good music. My favorite kind of electronica is Drum 'n' Bass. It's good to dance around to, and is an interesting mix, too. Many people usually show up for this festival. I'd recommend this festival, as well, and I just hope that the organizers would consider dropping or eliminating the charge altogether for both one -day and weekend passes.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...