Thursday, December 23, 2010

Year in Review: Veterans Day Parade


The Veterans Day Parade occured on November 6 this year. The Detroit Veterans Day parade was formerly one of the largest parades in the country honoring veterans from all different branches of the Armed Services and vets from different wars. I talked with my Dad about the parade, and he remembered the parade being pretty huge back in the 1950s, with many recent World War II and Korean War veterans, and probably some World War 1 and Spanish-American War vets then, as well.. The Parade was stopped in the mid 1970s, and was continued again in the last decade. This was my 2nd year going to the Parade, and it was nice to see all the veterans marching in the parade this year from all over the metro area. I'd like to see more people attend this event in the future to see all the veterans.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...