Saturday, December 4, 2010

Year in Review: TigerFest 2010

Here's a picture that I took at TigerFest back in January of this year. TigerFest is the annual Fan festival for the Tigers. It was a cold day for the event, but everyone enjoyed (and behaved) themselves. People could get autographs and pictures from their favorite Tigers, listen to the "Tiger Town" Radio show, and participate in a "Fan Conference" Q and A Session with the Tigers. They also had an area for the young Tigers and Tigresses, where they had kid-friendly stuff and a "Kids only" autograph line. I hope that the Tigers consider making TigerFest into a weekend instead of just one day. I say this because people can come one day or all three days, and won't feel rushed or intimidated by the long lines in a certain area. Another area I think that they can improve on is getting the lines to move better, and have people that have already received autographed to move along to another area if they seem to stay there the whole time, because when I went through a few of the lines this year, I had to ask "Are you in line?" in some areas (and some people had to mention to others "I'm not in line, I'm just waiting"), because people waited in the corners for the next Tiger player or coach to show up and sign autographs or take pictures with the fans. This ice sculpture was really nice. I like the two Tigers on the side there, because they remind me of the Tigers on the Witherell entrance of Comerica Park, as well as the Tigers on the scoreboard.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...