Friday, December 3, 2010

YouTube Friday: Jewish Traditions : How to Light the Menorah

In Honor of Hanukkah, which is in its third night tonight, I decided to post a video about lighting the Menorah. This video is from the eHow YouTube channel. Hanukkah, or Chanukah as it's called at times, is a holiday that remembers the dedication of a temple after a war in the 160's BC (more info on the holiday on the Judaism About.com page). I remember when my school district used to get out for Jewish Holidays in the late 1980s-early 1990s, when there was still a pretty good number of Jewish students. Around 2nd grade or so, we got out for Christian holidays, and Jewish students and staff members could take a personal day off for religious observances.

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...