Thursday, November 18, 2010

Screening at the Airport-Invasion of Privacy?

I've been hearing a bunch on the news lately about the TSA's use of Body Scanners in many of the nation's airports (Metro Airport here in Detroit is one of the airports that have this technology installed). I've heard that if someone doesn't want to go through the scanner, that they may receive a pretty intrusive pat-down by the staff at the screening checkpoint. Many people are saying that this is an invasion of privacy, because of the way the photos of your body are handled, and how they are being used. . Many don't want to do this type of screening because of the doctrines of their religion that speak about modesty. I've also heard on the news about people planning to boycott the screening machines during the pre and/or post Thanksgiving and/or Christmas trv I think that the scanners are a pretty good idea, because it seems like they will speed up the screening process when you are at the airport to catch a flight. What do you all think about this form of screening? Are you for it or against it?

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...