Sunday, November 14, 2010

American/Fort Wayne Hotel

Here are some pictures that I took last month of the old Hotel Fort Wayne/Hotel American in the Cass Park area near downtown Detroit. I couldn't find too much info on it, other than on Detroit 1701. The sign reading Hotel Fort Wayne is still visible on the north side of the hotel. I wonder what the rate would be nowadays (if you look closely at the sign, you can see that the rate at the time was $2.00 a night). There was a Knights of Pythias lodge at this hotel, as well.I wonder if this was a residential hotel in a past life, or a rooming house. If anyone has any history on this hotel, feel free to leave a comment on this entry.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...