Sunday, November 28, 2010

Parade PhotoBlog

Here are some of my pictures that I took during the Thanksgiving Parade. Hope you enjoy them

Here are some old Model T's in the Parade from Greenfield Village. They followed the Absopure truck, which was an older model, itself.
This penguin is always one of my favorite balloons (one of my favorite animals is a Penguin, the other is a Tiger). This is the "Hob Nobble Gobble" balloon. The Hob Nobble Gobble is a fancy party before the parade for all the sponsors and benefactors (in other words, for those who paid a whole bunch of money) of the parade . The sign ahead of it thanks all the sponsors for their contributions
This float is new. It's from Flame Heating and Cooling here in the Metro Detroit area. It has a pig sliding down a slide in nice weather around the back, while another pig is shoveling snow up front at the "Hog Heaven" house. This reminds us all to check our heating and cooling systems before it gets too hot or cold, and you need your heat or air conditioning the most.
The Jolly Ol' Elf himself, Santa Claus, for the kiddos. He always receives the key to the city by the mayor each year.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...