Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Drink some water while waiting on a new bus

I hope you all went out to vote today if you live here in the USA. It's an important duty to go out and voice your choice for public office. I am reading this article in USA Today about schools cutting down on Sugary drinks and whole/Vitamin D Milk. I think that this is a good idea, because I think that kids can choose healthier options, as well as diet pops and water, and also eating healthier at lunch time. I remember there being pop machines at school when I was in HS. I'd always get some water to drink in class from my Sophomore through Senior years (until my high school ultimately banned water, juice, pop, etc from classes). Another topic I want to touch on today is Also, I got to ride a new Bus today. It is one of two new atriculated hybrid buses that runs along the SMART bus system . They're really nice to ride in. The inside of this bus reminded me of a Subway or one of the buses I remember riding in Toronto when I was a kid. For all of my Metro Detroit folks, you'll be seeing this bus along the High traffic routes around town. There were artriculated buses for the DOT way back when, but they got rid of them for some reason or another (find more info on these buses for the DOT on the Detroit Transit History website).

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...