Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Reading about Alzheimers and Dementia

I heard in the news today about Sparky Anderson being placed in Hospice today because of Dementia. I am saying a prayer for him and his family, as I think most , if not all Tiger fans are tonight. Dementia is a disease that affects the memory and eventually your ability to function over time, and is usually associated with Alzheimer's Disease, which has about the same affect on your memory and functioning. Reading the page about these diseases on Web MD, I find out what causes these diseases. Whenever I see something about Alzheimer's or Dementia, I think about my late grandparents, who had this disease. Over time, it got hard for them to move around the house, and they were in nursing homes when they passed. I hope I can learn more about these diseases soon.

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...