Friday, November 12, 2010

YouTube Friday: The Americans

For YouTube Friday today, I decided to do one with a patriotic theme, since Veterans Day was this week. I thought about the commentary called "The Americans", which was originally done by Gordon Sinclair shortly after the Vietnam war ended in the early '70s. It was later covered by Detroit newsman/DJ Byron MacGregor, which went high on the charts. From what I'm reading around the internet, MacGregor donated the profits from the sale of the record to the Red Cross. I found this video on chieftrent's YouTube Channel. I've been hearing this on occasion these past few years on the Canadian Oldies station, and I first heard this on the radio pretty frequently after the September 11 attacks in 2001. I hope you feel inspired by this as I do.

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...