Thursday, March 18, 2010

Generational Blog

I saw this article in USA Today about more people living in a multi-generational home. They say that as of 2008, about 16 percent of people live in this type of living arrangement. I think that it's cool in a sense, but I can see where it's becoming commonplace now because of the economy and other situations. This type of living arrangement reminds me of back in the days when numerous generations stayed in one house or right near each other on the same block. My mom told me that my grandmother and her sisters lived near each other when Mom was growing up, so she had cousins living nearby. My father lived near members of his family when he was growing up, as well. My grandmother lived near me when I was growing up, and I went to her house after school when I was young until my parents came home from work. How has your family adjusted to a multigenerational format? More soon.
Lauren

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...