Saturday, March 6, 2010

Girl Scout Week is fast approaching

Tomorrow starts Girl Scout week. Girl Scout week usually is the week around the founding of the Girl Scouts, in March of 1912. Here's a history of the Girl scouts on their website. I'm a former Girl Scout, going through all levels (Daisies through Seniors). I remember doing things for Girl Scout week when I was in Brownies and Juniors. We focused more on jobs and volunteering when we got to Cadettes and Seniors. I still have many of my pictures from bridging ceremonies, Investiture/Rededication ceremonies, trips, and more. I remember being at church with my troop for Girl Scout Sunday one year as a Brownie. I've reconnected with one of the girls I was in Scouts with back in the days via Social Networking (Twitter, Facebook). More tomorrow.
Lauren

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...