Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Art Sculptures


These two pictures were taken on Saturday on my walk. This bronze sculpture is called "Variations on Logo". It was designed for the former Detroit Bank and Trust, which is now Comerica Bank. It sits near the bank dowtown. It was designed by Hamilton and Piet while they were in Art School. It's their interpretation of the logo for the former Detroit Bank and Trust. I like this sculpture with all its twists and turn. Even though the bronze has turned green, that makes it lovely. I like to look at nice pieces of art. I remember going to the Detroit Institute of Arts as a kid with my Mom to look at different types of art. My favorite types of art are Religious, American , and Modern/Contemporary. Hope you get to see some art someday
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...