Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Soccer and Festivals

I saw this sign at the Winter Blast for the Green Soccer Bowl. As you can see, this is the first year for it, and it seems like it'll be a great event with teams from Kenya, Puerto Rico, Malaysia and Ghana. I never really followed soccer (or Football as it's called in various parts of the world), but I'd like to start following it. The Silverdome has sat vacant for the most part since the early 2000s, when the Lions left for Ford Field. A few events have been held there in the past few years, but it's mostly been vacant. I remember going to a carnival at the Silverdome as a kid. A new owner bought it from the city of Pontiac within the past few years. As I wrote that last sentence, I thought about Jambalaya, which was a festival held in downtown Pontiac. The only year I went was in 2005. I enjoyed myself a great deal. I can't wait to go to many of the festivals around town this summer.
Lauren
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...