Friday, March 26, 2010

Ernie Harwell Day is 4/9/10

I just read in the Detroit Free Press that April 9, the day of the Tigers' home opener, is Ernie Harwell Day in Michigan. I think that it's a really nice tribute. THis picture, which I used in a previous entry, is of Ernie Harwell's statue at Comerica Park during the 2010 TigerFest. The left side contains all his broadcasting stops through the years. He retired from broadcasting at the conclusion of the 2002 season. I remember watching his speech last September at Comerica Park, which was shortly after he announced he had incurable Cancer. I said a prayer for him, and continue praying for him now. For all my Detroit readers, what are your memories of Ernie Harwell? I don't remember hearing him on the radio, but I remember I met him in 2007 and 2008 during Opening Day festivities at Comerica Park. More soon,
Lauren
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...