Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sing along to the songs

I was just thinking of my favorite songs today that I originally heard on Canadian Radio.One of the songs that I heard on there that I liked was the song "Sherry", by the Keane Brothers. I heard the song the first time a couple of years ago and immediately liked the song. I looked up some info on them, and found out that they were young when the single and their self-titled first album came out in the late 1970s. They also had their own Variety show, as well (variety shows were popular in the '70s). For more info on the Keanes, check out a blog dedicated to them with lots of pictures and other info. Another of my favorite songs is "Leaving LA" by Deliverance. This song reminds me of cruising along on a summers evening with friends, or sitting on the shore of a river or a lake taking in the scene. This song was recorded in the late seventies, as well. I heard a song by the group Dr. Music called "Sun Goes By" on the radio, as well. I like listening to the radio. My favorite Genres of music are Rock, Country, Pop, R&B, Electronic and Jazz. I grew up listening to Country with my Dad as he drove along, and Pop/rock/R&B with my Mom as we traveled together. I started listening to Electronic Music in about 2000 or so, and really got into it after going to the Techno Festival in Downtown Detroit. What are your favorite kinds of music?
Lauren

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...