Sunday, March 21, 2010

Picture it now!

Here are a few pictures that I took yesterday that I find interesting . I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. This picture was taken at the CCHA Fan Fest for the Hockey Tournament. These are the Regular season Championship trophy (right) and the Mason Cup (left). Lots of fun activities were held at the FanFest. Bands , mascots, and cheer teams from CCHA schools performed and mingled among the fans. I enjoyed listening to the bands and being among the fans.
This picture is of the Eastern Market sign near Downtown Detroit. A lot of people come here for many things. one of the more popular traditions at Eastern Market is the yearly Flower Day, where people can go to start planting their gardens in the late spring. I like this sign, because it's unique and it's visually pleasing to the eyes This little cat is on the Avanti offices on Congress downtown. There are a number of humorous images on the building. Avanti is based here in Detroit. You may have seen the cards in card and gift stores.
Hope you like these pictures! More soon.
Lauren
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

DomHyo said...

Thanks for the pictures and stories. Look forward to more.

www.detroit-travel-guide.com

Lauren said...

I'm glad you like them. :-D I'll have more pics throughout the year as I go around town

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...