Tuesday, March 9, 2010

TWaSbL's Ol' pics

I was looking through some of my old pictures from 2003, and I decided to post a few of them for you all. These pictures were taken during the summertime. The picture of the two tigers was taken in May 2003 at Comerica Park. I was leaving the Downtown Hoedown and decided to take a walk downtown afterwards. There was an afternoon game going on, and many people around taking photos with the Big Tiger, which is partially pictured. The middle picture of the Fox Theatre was taken the same day. The stage show Blast was at the Fox through the weekend. I think Blast was the Marching Band-style performance with many instrumentalists and lots of music. Also pictured in this photo is Hockeytown Cafe'. It's a popular restaurant here in Detroit, and it seems to always be filled on game days for various Detroit Sports Teams, and for many downtown events. The bottom picture is of the Guardian Building as seen from the bus stop near City Hall in Downtown Detroit. As of 2010, Wayne County offices are located there. There's a skywalk to the left of the building, and the People Mover track right above my head. The other buildings pictured here are of the Comerica Tower, which is closest to the camera, and in the background behind the Guardian building are the Penobscot building, and the Chase Building (which was BankOne at the time). I hope you all like these pictures. More later or tomorrow.
Lauren
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...