Sunday, March 28, 2010

Tiger Stadium

Baseball season is fast approaching, so I decided to make my annual pilgrimage to the site of old Tiger Stadium This first picture was taken across Michigan Avenue. This was the home of the Tigers for numerous years until the final game in 1999. They began tearing the stadium down within the past couple of years, and the last part of the stadum was demolished late last year. . Many people have memories of "The Corner", which refers to the corner of Michigan and TrumbullI remember going to Tiger Stadium to see the Tigers in 1993 and sitting in the Grandstands with my Dad . I also remember watching parts of the last game on TV with my parents in 1999, and seeing the long line of Tiger Alumni on the field after the final out, as well as before the game in a pregame ceremony.
This picture was taken on the walkway of the Cochrane street overpass of I-75 here in Detroit. It looks so unusual to not see the stadium here anymore. I remember taking pictures here with other Tiger Fans as the crews were tearing down the stadium. it was so quiet there, a respectful silence. It was a part of many people's lives, like a loved one, for so long, so I definitely understand the silence. I stood quietly and recollected about my time at Tiger Stadium at the only game I attended there.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...