Sunday, February 21, 2010

Amistad


I was looking through more of my pictures, and I saw this one of a reproduction of the ship Amistad, which was taken in August 2003. It was docked at the Detroit River near Hart Plaza, and people could go to take tours. It was an informative tour of all that happened. This boat may have sailed around the country for tours that year. There was a lot of events scheduled around the arrival and departure of the ship, as well as when it was docked in Detroit. Ford and (what was then) Bank One sponsored the ship when it was docked in Detroit. Just thought I'd share this with you all.
Lauren
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...