Thursday, February 4, 2010

Ash Wednesday is coming

I was just looking at my calendar today when I came home from the hair salon, and I saw that Ash Wednesday is in a couple of weeks, on February 17. That got me thinking "I should go to church to get my ashes on my forehead" I usually go to church on Ash Wednesday, except for 2008, when I was hurt and couldn't attend services. My mom always told me that some of her Catholic co-workers recieved their ashes at Ash Wednesday services at a church near her job. I've decided to give up my favorite sandwich for Lent, and try a Vegetarian option. I'll try something new each day, maybe. Well, more later or tomorrow.
Lauren

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...