Monday, February 15, 2010

"Motown" Winter Blast

This Ice sculpture at the Winter Blast depicts the Motown Museum, which is celebrating its 25th Anniversary in 2010. This sculpture reads: "25th Anniversary, Motown Museum. There were many Motown songs played, and one of the ice skaters performed a tribute to the late Michael Jackson. The Motown Museum was represented at the Blast, and there was a gift area at Compuware, where a stage was located. I enjoyed all the Motown tributes at the show, as well. I remember visiting the Motown Museum with my Mom when I was a Teenager. Mom remembered going to the Motown Reviews at the Fox back in the '60s. I like seeing Studio A, where many Motown songs were performed. We both enjoyed ourselves at the museum. I think Mom would have enjoyed the Winter Blast if she was here today. More later or tomorrow.
Lauren
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...