Thursday, February 11, 2010

Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes

Today is the feast of Our Lady of Lourdes (click on the link for in-depth info). This apparition occured in 1858 in Lourdes, France to St. Bernadette. I attended Church today mainly to go to Confession, but I stayed for Service, as well. In the homily, my pastor talked about the healing springs in Lourdes, as well as the apparitions. My church had a special time for the sacrament of Anointing of the Sick. I'm glad I attended service instead of hitting the exit after going to Confession. I feel renewed and refreshed, as I always do, and I also got to find out more about Our Lady of Lourdes. More tomorrow.
Lauren

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...