Friday, February 19, 2010

Cadillac Picture

I found a CD with some old pictures from 2003, and as I was looking through them, I found this one of the Cadillac Hotel pre-renovation. This picture was taken in July 2003 as I was meandering around downtown, possibly for a festival or just a day out and about. The hotel reopened in October of 2008 after a 24 year closure. Notice that the word "Cadillac" is still displayed up above the hotel in this picture. It was known at various times under different names, such as the Book, Radisson, and Sheraton-Cadillac. Three of the Hotels downtown were run by chains of hotels back in the days: Sheraton-Cadillac, Pick-Fort Shelby and Statler Hilton. The Cadillac and Fort Shelby are run by Westin and Doubletree, respectively. The Statler was demolished in 2005. More later or tomorrow.
Lauren
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Maternity Homes

 This building and its past use has been on my mind here recently, as well as the former hospital, behind me as I was taking this picture, n...